Meeting Room Policy
Article six of the American Library Association Bill of rights, which has been endorsed by the Fort Edward Free Library, reads as follows:
Libraries which make exhibit space and meeting rooms available to the public they serve should make such facilities available on an equitable basis, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting their use.
The Fort Edward Free Library maintains two meeting room areas which may be used by not-for-profit community groups and agencies in the Village and Town of Fort Edward. The meeting room areas are not available for individuals. Meeting room use is subject to the following guidelines approved by the library board:
- Room areas may be used for educational, cultural, informational or governmental/ civic activities and my include public lectures, panel discussions, workshops and other similar functions.
- All meetings and programs shall be free and open to the public – no admission may be charged or donations requested at the door. Requiring charges for supplies, materials, handouts, study books, etc., is likewise prohibited.
- Except for fundraising events sponsored by the library, or other organizations affiliated with the library, room areas may not be used for fund-raisers such as garage sales, bake sales, etc. It is permissible for authors and performers to sign and sell materials following a library-sponsored performance or presentation.
- Public meeting room area use does not constitute library endorsement of the beliefs or ideas expressed by organizations or individuals using the space. Meetings should not be publicized in a manner that suggest library sponsorship or affiliation.
- The library reserves the right to cancel a reservation room area for library purposes.
- All groups are responsible for setting up and taking down any extra tables and chairs.
- All groups are responsible for any damage caused to library property during meeting room use.
- All groups are responsible for leaving meeting room areas in a clean and orderly conditions.
- No Smoking or Tobacco use is allowed on library premises.
- No Alchohol may be consumed on library premises.
Meeting room request forms are available at the library.